Designation: Peer reviewer
Institution: Qassim University
Country: Saudi Arabia
Journal : TEXILA INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Dr. K. S. Nair has more than 27 years of experience in working with the health sector. He received various fellowships from organizations including the WHO, the World Bank and the British Council. He has completed several research projects funded by both national and international organizations.His area of interest include health economics, health sector reforms, human resources for health, public health administration, health policy and planning.
1. Nair K.S (1998), Household health expenditure of manual workers in unorganised sector-A study in south Delhi, Health and Population Perspectives and Issues, 21 (1).
2. Nair K.S and Dhingra R (1998), Ability vs. willingness to pay for health care: an empirical study in south Delhi, Journal of Health and Population; Perspectives and Issues. 21 (4).
3. Mittra P, Nair K.S and R. Gandotra (2000), A study on client satisfaction of services provided by sub health centers in two districts of Andhra Pradesh: Journal of Health and Population; Perspectives and Issues, 23(2).
4. Swain P and Nair K.S (2000), Status of family welfare programme in three populous states in India- a review based on NFH surveys, Rotary India award, 2000, Rotary Awards for service to Humanity (India) Trust, New Delhi.
5. Nair K.S (2001), Cost of health care- a study of unorganised labour in Delhi” Journal of Health and Population; Perspectives and Issues. 24 (2).
6. Sharma B.B.L, Nair K.S and T.Bir (2002), National seminar on health insurance in India - current status and future directions: An overview, Journal of Health and Population; Perspectives and Issues, 25 (1).
7. Tiwari V.K and Nair K.S (2006), Private health care in India, Health For the Millions, 32, (6 &7).
8. Nandan D and Nair K.S (2007), Human resources for public health –Issues and Challenges – Journal of Health and Population; Perspectives and Issues, 30 (4): 230-42.
9. Swain S, Swain P, Nair K.S, Dhar N, Gupta S and D.Nandan (2008), A rapid appraisal of functioning of ASHA under NRHM in Orissa, Health and Population Perspectives and Issues 31 (2).
10. Malini S, Tripathi R.M, Khattar P, Nair K.S, Tekhre L and N Dhar (2008), A rapid appraisal on functioning of Janani Suraksha Yojana in South Orissa , Health and Population Perspectives and Issues 31 (2).
11. Mohapatra B, Datta U, Gupta S, Tiwari VK, Nair K.S, Adhish V and D Nandan (2008), An assessment of functioning and impact of Janani Suraksha Yojana in Orissa, Health and Population Perspectives and Issues 31 (2).
12. Kumar P, Nandan D, Tiwari VK and Nair K.S (2008), Perception of patients about quality of services under health sector reforms implemented in Haryana, Health and Population: Perspectives and Issues , 31 (3).
13. Srivastava D.K, Prakash S, Adhish V, Nair K.S, Gupta S and D Nandan (2009), A study on interface of ASHA with the community and the service providers in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Indian Journal of Public Health, 53(3).
14. Pal D.K, Toppo M, Gupta S, Nair K.S, Khattar P and D Nandan (2009), A rapid appraisal of functioning of District Programme Management Units under NRHM in Madhya Pradesh, Indian Journal of Public Health,53(3).
15. Singh C.M, Jain PK, Nair,K.S, Kumar P, N.Dhar and D Nandan (2009), Assessment of utilisation of untied fund provided under the National Rural Health Mission, Indian Journal of Public Health, 53 (3).
16. Raj S, Piang L.K, Nair K.S, Tiwari V.K and B Singh (2012), Awareness regarding risk factors, symptoms and treatment facilities for cancer in selected states of India, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 13, 4057-4062.
17. Tiwari VK, Kumar P, Raj S and K.S.Nair (2013), Strategies and approaches towards Universal Iodisation of salt: knowledge, attitude and practice in selected states in India, International Journal of Biosciences, Healthcare Technology and Management, 5 (1).
18. Piang LK, Tiwari VK, Nair KS, Raj S, Kaur H, Gandotra R (2012). Patients’ satisfaction with quality of service providers at the tertiary care cancer hospitals in India, Indian Journal of Preventive & Social Medicine, 43(4).
19. Nair K.S, D Nandan, Piang L.K, Tiwari V.K, Raj S, Goel T and B Singh (2013), Implementing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (National Health Insurance Scheme): Experience from Delhi,Journal of Health Management, 15 (127).
20. Nair K.S, Raj S and Tiwari, VK (2013), Cost of treatment for cancer: experiences of patients in public hospitals in India”, Asia Pacific journal of Cancer Prevention, 14 (9):5049-5054
21. Nair K.S, Raj S and Tiwari V.K (2013), Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (National Health Insurance Scheme) – hospitalized families in National Capital Territory of Delhi”, Artha Vijnana, 55 (1).
22. Tiwari VK, Kumar P, Raj S and Nair K.S (2013), Strategies and approaches towards universal iodisation of salt; knowledge, attitude and practice in selected states in India, International Journal of Biosciences, Healthcare Technology and Management, 5(1): 1-10.
23. Arya A, Tiwari VK, Nair K.S, Raj S, Gandotra R and Kulkarni PD (2013), Reach and effectiveness of IEC activities and awareness about selected RCH components in urban slums of Delhi, Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine, 44 (1-2).
24. Chopra S, Nair K.S, Bhatnagar D and Ajmera P (2013), Systematic review of research studies analyzing Rashtrya Swasthya Bima Yojana (National Health Insurance Scheme) in India”, Elixir Soc. Sci. 65: 20183-20191.
25. Tiwari VK, Bandopdhaya A, Bhattacharya M, Raj S and Nair K.S (2013), An assessment and awareness about adulteration in milk and milk products and its effect on human health in Delhi, International Journal of Food Safety, Nutrition, Public Health and Technology. 5 (1), 1-7.
26. Nair, K.S, Piang LK, Tiwari VK, Raj S and D Nandan (2013), Prevention of vertical transmission of HIV in India through service integration: lessons from Mysore District, Karnataka”, South East Asia Journal of Public Health, 2(2).
27. Prakash C, Tiwar VK, Raj S and Nair, KS (2013), Pattern of road accidents system response and quality of services in emergency ward of a tertiary hospital in Delhi, Health and Population: Perspectives and Issues, 36 (3&4).
28. Kumar N, Tiwari VK, Kumar K, Nair K.S, Raj S and D Nandan (2014), Evolving social health scheme for workers in unorganised sector: key evidences from study of cycle rikshaw pullers in Delhi, India, International Journal of Health Planning & Management, DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2244.
29. Goel S, Tiwari VK, Nair K.S and Sherin Raj (2014), Risk factors and costs of oral cancer in a tertiary care hospital, Asia Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 15 (4): 1659-1665.
30. Bhagat P, Tiwari VK, Raj S, Nair K.S and Piang LK (2014), Convergence of PPTCT with RCH Services in a District Hospital, Haryana. Indian Journal of Community Health, 26(1); 03-09.
31. Nair K.S, Gandotra R and S Raj (2014), Patient perception of CPSs in improving healthcare services in Uttarakhand, Health Action, 27 (12).
32. Bisht HS, Tiwari VK, Nair KS, Raj S and Gandotra R (2014), A qualitative study on utilization of in-service training of health professionals at primary health centres in a District of Uttarakhand State, Indian Journal of Training & Development, 44 (4).
33. Nair KS (2015), Human Resources in public health in India: an overview, International Journal of Health Sciences and Research, 5 (5): 465-475.
34. Nair K.S, Raj S, Tiwari VK, Gandotra R and Mahapatra M (2015), Are patient welfare societies effective in strengthening health care delivery systems?: evidences from Uttarakhand State, India, International Journal of Health Science Research; 5(10): 230-242.
35. Tiwari VK, Kumar A, Gupta VP, Raj S and Nair KS (2015), Strategies and approaches for managing unsafe premarital sex among youths: evidences from modern and traditional urban settings in Indian, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development: An International Journal, 6 (4).
36. Tiwari V.K, Piang L.K, Raj S and Nair K.S (2015), Correlates of social, demographic and behavioral factors affecting adolescent sexuality in a traditional society in India: perspectives and challenges, Indian Journal of Youth & Adolescent Health, 2 (3): 44-57.
37. Nair K.S, Tiwari VK and Raj S (2015), Vouchers for reproductive and child health services: lessons from the demand side financing scheme in an Indian State (accepted for publication in forthcoming issue of Journal of Arthavijnana Issue of March 2015, yet to be published).
38. Tiwari VK, Raj S, Piang LK, Nair K S, Gandotra R & Elizabeth H (2015), Reach and effectiveness of adolescent reproductive & sexual health (ARSH) program in a state of India: perspectives and challenges, accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine, 46 (3-4).
39. Tiwari VK, Raj S, Piang LK, Elizabeth H & Nair K.S (2016), Does reproductive and sexual health knowledge and risk behavior among school going adolescents varies in high and low urbanized cities? Evidences from a hilly state of India, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences & Humanities, 6 (3): 102-120.
40. Nair K.S (2016), India’s health system financing and delivery at a cross roads, International Journal of Management and Social Science, 4(3): 490-499.
41. Albejaidi Fahad, Nair K.S & Adhir Sharma (2017), Estimating the cost of public health interventions: methodologies and options, International Journal in Management and Social Science, 5(1): 85-94.
42. Abhiman C, Tiwari VK, Raj S, Kulkarni PD, Nair K.S & Gandotra R (2017), Functioning of government and NGO-run anganwadi cenres in Delhi: a comparative study, Health & Population: Perspectives and Issues, 38(3&4):86-92.
43. Tiwari VK, Raj S, Piang LK, Nair K.S & Kaur H (2015),Treatment seeking behaviour and referral practices: a study of the cancer patients in tertiary care hospitals in India, Janasamkhya, Vol. 33 : 65-80.
44. Albejaidi F & Nair K.S (2017). Cost of waste and inefficiency – a health care system perspective, American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 18(1):1-9.
45. K.S.Nair, Jehan M, Albejaidi F, Pasha SA (2017). Cost effectiveness analysis for decision making in health care – concept, relevance and methodological challenges, International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health, 4(7):2212-2218.
46. K.S.Nair, Raj S, Pasha S, Tiwari V.K (2017). Understanding corruptions in health systems-an overview, International Research Journal of Social Sciences, 6(6):15-20.
47. Tiwari VK, Sherin S, Gandotra R, Kulkarni PD, Piang LK, Elizebath H, Nair K.S (2017).Health system response in dealing malaria epidemic in a hilly state of India, International Journal of Health Sciences & Research, 7(8):1-12.
Articles published in English Language Journals : 48
Book Chapters Published in English : 1
Editing or PEER Review Articles : 15